Success. Everyone wants to obtain this amazing idea of 'success'. By the end of this blog post, not only will have learned how to obtain ultimate success in your life, but you'll be able to answer all the questions on the image of this blog, and it's a lot easier than you think! First, lets start with the basics, we must have an understanding of what ‘success’ is. Let’s check to see what the super handy dandy www.dictionary.com says:
noun: the accomplishment of an aim or purpose.
Now let’s take a look at www.urbandictionary.com, the top result is:
The product of constantly striving for self improvement.
I was talking to a good friend the other day about this very subject because they are not as successful as they would like to be at this point in their life. So we explored this idea of ‘success’. I think our society has painted a false picture of what success should look like:
- You should have a really nice car and lots of fancy clothes to be successful.
- You should own a large, expensive house to look successful.
- You should be able to go out to dinner in nice restaurants every night so you’ll look successful.
- You should be able to buy whatever you want - all name brands- to feel successful.
Basically if you make a lot of money and you’re filthy rich THEN you have reached success, right? Not necessarily. Did you notice that none of the above definitions mentioned wealth as the destination of success? Success is about setting personal goals and putting effort and purpose into them to achieve them. Maybe one of your goals is related to money. That’s totally okay. But what if we forgot about everything we think we know about success and defined it as our own? I’ll start:
@modernnmilliee’s definition of (suc·cess)
1. The accomplishment of finding joy in every situation and persevering
2. The ability to surround myself with people who make me happy and support me
3. Finding new ways to better myself (mentally, physically, emotionally, etc.)
4. Doing whatever the heck it is that makes me truly happy without caring what others think
Now it’s your turn!
Take some time right now to write in the comments what your definition of success is.